Essay Topic: Tell of a time when you personally faced an obstacle or hardship and how you overcame.
Length: 800- 1500 words
Entry Deadline: Submissions must be received by June 30, 2013
- Ten contestants will be chosen for a video interview and from those ten contestants two winners will each be awarded $1,000 Scholarship at Always Believe Day and the other contestants will get honorable mentions.
- The contest is open to any student regularly enrolled in high school. First place winners of one year’s contest are not eligible for prizes the following year.
- Each contestant may submit one entry that is their own personal work.
- Each entry must be accompanied by a signed statement that it is the original work of the contestant and has not been previously published; the statement should also include the title of the entry, the author’s full name, address, e-mail address, school name and address. If selected for a prize, winner’s social security number will be needed.
- Each entry should represent the writer’s best work and should meet acceptable standards in grammar, mechanics, punctuation, and usage. Each entry should be neatly typed on one side only of good quality white paper; each page, after the first, should have the title of the entry in the upper left corner and the page number in the upper right corner. The entry itself should not include the author’s name and must be clean, void of any extraneous markings.
- Entries should be between 800-1,500 words long. Indicate the approximate number of words on the first page of the entry, upper right corner.
- Entries will not be returned, critiqued, nor published.
- All contestants, of course, should make and keep copies of their entries.
- Final judges for the contest, include Always Believe Committee Members who will evaluate entries solely on the basis of literary quality. If the judges feel that no entry has sufficient merit, they may choose not to award prizes.
- Winners will be announced and prizes awarded at Always Believe Day August 17,2013.
- Entries containing offensive language and violence will not be considered.
To submit your essay, mail essay to:Always Believe Inc, Essay Contest P.O. Box 1884 Matthews, NC 28210
Make sure your Cover sheet has the following items:
- parent information
- contact information